- Prevent Disease
- Promote Healthy Lifestyles
- Protect and Prepare the public against health threats.
Healthy and Prepared People in Our Communities.
- Accountability - We are accountable for the efficient and effective use of our resources.
- Integrity - We demonstrate honesty, consistency, and confidentiality.
- Client-Focused - We provide information to the public, to help them make informed choices.
- Professionalism - We demonstrate competence, reliability, and respect to the public.
- Collaborative -We promote partnerships and alliances with community members and agencies to link public health needs and services.
- Health - We promote collaboration and alliances with community partners to link planning efforts for the inclusive public health needs of the community.
- Excellence - We seek to improve the quality of our services through ongoing evaluation and feedback.
Idaho's Public Health Efforts
Public health efforts began in south central Idaho in 1928. All of Twin Falls County was experiencing an "infectious" meningitis epidemic. Hundreds of cases and many deaths resulted in a quarantine of the entire city of Twin Falls. The county commissioners developed the first area health unit consisting of three public health nurses and a sanitary inspector. Today, South Central Public Health District employs nearly 100 professionally trained nurses, dietitians, an epidemiologist and dental hygienist, health educators, and environmental specialists.
South Central Public Health District is the leader in the multi-county concept of providing public health services. We have offices in Bellevue, Burley, Gooding, Jerome, Rupert, and Twin Falls; and with part-time clinics in Shoshone and Fairfield we serve all eight counties of south central Idaho and are part of a statewide system of seven public health districts.
South Central Public Health District is governed by an eight-member
Board of Health with a representative from each of the eight counties. Regular Board meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Exceptions occur depending on other scheduled activities of the Board and administration.
South Central Public Health District
1020 Washington Street North
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Idaho Public Health Districts
Districting Law - Idaho Code, Title 39, Chapter 4, Sections 401 through 426 and IDAPA Rules
FY2015 Budget Proposal:
FY2014 Budget Proposal:
FY2013 Budget Proposal:
FY2012 Budget Proposal: